As of today installed IV class of fire hazard.
Visiting forests in Lepel region is allowed.
Visiting forests in Chashniki region is allowed.
The State Forestry Institution "Lepel Forestry" of the Vitebsk Industrial Forestry Association is located in the southern part of the Vitebsk region in the territory of the Lepel, Chashniki and Senno administrative regions.
The length of the territory from north to south is 60 km, from west to east is 75 km.
The forestry enterprise is bordered in the north-west by the Ushachsky forestry enterprise, in the northeast by the Beshenkovichi forestry enterprise, in the east by the Bogushevsky forestry enterprise, in the south by the Borisov and Krupsky forestry enterprises of the Minsk region and in the west by the Berezinsky biosphere reserve.
Climatic conditions are quite favorable for the growth of the main forest-forming species: pine, spruce, birch, aspen, black alder.
The total area of forestry is 96.0 thousand hectares, of which covered with forest is 85.9 thousand hectares.
A characteristic feature of the territory of the forestry enterprise is a pronounced hilly-hilly relief, composed of a heap of rocks brought by the glacier and the presence of a large number of lakes, usually located in large glacial depressions bordered by moraine ridges and hills. On the territory of the state forest fund of the forest enterprise there are 54 lakes, 26 small rivers flow. The main part of the territory of the forestry enterprise belongs to the Western Dvina River Basin.
The administrative building of the forestry enterprise is located in the district center of Lepel, 110 km from the regional center of Vitebsk and 155 km from the capital city of Minsk.
The main objectives of the leshoz are:
- preservation and creation of the forest fund's territory of highly productive, high-quality (biologically sustainable, optimal species and age composition of forests and forest fauna) that meet modern environmental, social and economic needs of the individual, society and the state, taking into account the basic requirements imposed by law to forest management;
- Multi-purpose, scientifically-based, continuous and sustainable forest management, ensuring the rational use, protection, protection and reproduction of forests, increasing their ecological and resource potential.
According to the Charter, Lepel Leskhoz performs the following functions:
- management in the use, protection, preservation and reproduction of forests on the territory of the leshoz;
- implementation of state programs and projects for the development of forestry in order to increase productivity and improve the qualitative composition of forests, enhance their environmental protection functions, provide industries and population in all types of forest products;
- keeping state records of forests and the state forest cadastre;
- the creation and cultivation of forest plantations, as well as the timely restoration of forests in the areas cut down by economically valuable species;
- protect forests from fires, illegal cuttings and other actions harmful to forests, protect forests from pests and diseases;
- doing business in zones of radioactive contamination in compliance with the requirements established by law;
- control of the radiation situation on the territory of the forestry enterprise, maintenance of radiation-ecological monitoring, radiation control of the forest products produced and supplied;
- exercising control over the use, protection, preservation and reproduction of forests;
- pursuing an economic and scientific-technical policy in order to create the necessary conditions for the leshoz to work efficiently, to increase the volume and improve the quality of products, to solve urgent social problems;
- the approval in the prescribed manner of the withdrawal of land from forest land;
- construction and repair of buildings, structures, forest cordons, fire towers, reservoirs, construction and maintenance of forest roads and means of communication;
- integrated forest and hunting management in the prescribed manner, monitoring of hunting management and hunting in the territory of the forestry enterprise.
General characteristics of the forest fund
|Year of formation of the forestry enterprise:||1936|
|Fire Hazard Class:||3.5|
|Average age of stands:||51 year|
|Average Stock:||214 m 3/ ha|
Breed structure of forests
Age structure of stands
|Middle Ages:||33275 ha|
|Category||Total area||Forest covered area|
|Conservation Forests||1415 ha||1317 ha|
|Recreational and Wellness Forests||2965 ha||2592 ha|
|Protective forests||28660 ha||24867 ha|
|Operational Forests||62937 ha||57075 ha|